- Help Wanted:
The Aitkin Public Schools is updating its substitute rosters for the several positions. Click here for more information.
- The girls basketball team saw their season come to an end on Saturday in the Section 7AA Quarterfinal game against Esko. The final score was 50-35. After jumping out to an early lead, the girls came in at the half, leading by a score of 21-16. However, turnovers and cold shooting in the second were too much to overcome. The ladies finished their season at 19-8. Congratulations on a great season, and a special thank you to our seniors, Bailey Nordean, Cassie Sandberg, and Madi Newton for their excellent leadership and play on the court.
- Two knowledge bowl teams advanced to the regional competition to be held on March 19th at Staples. In order to qualify for this competition teams must place in the top 21 of the areas 92 participating teams during the regular season (which concluded on February 25th)! The Gobbler teams "Three Guys And A J" whose membership includes Jeremy Paulbeck, Peter Yunker, Eddy Simonson and Thomas Coyle and "Team Whatever" whose membership bodes the likes of Lindy Lahmann-Sharbonda, Jeremiah Noon, Erik Sanbeck and Zach Konsor will be representing AHS and exercising our academic prowess at this prestigious, elite event....
- This past weekend, the varsity speech team traveled to Walker for some tough competition. Three members of our team brought home awards: Leah Thurner received a 4th place medal and a blue ribbon in the Discussion category, Theresa Johnson earned a blue ribbon in Poetry, and Jake Fontaine brought home a red ribbon in Informative Speaking. The next speech meet will take place in Hermantown on March 15th.
- Congratulations to the following students who have had artwork advance from the sub-section
Lyndsey Benson (2 pieces!), Kinzer Hill, Reece Richardson, Hannah Hyytinen, Chelsea Mitchell, Abby
Hughes, Savannah Matheny (2 pieces!), Samantha McMurray, Dylan James, Chris Stephens, Kristin
Miller, Brody Considine, Hunter Conway, Kelsey Johnson, Samantha Boyd and Dylan Ellis.
Be sure to check
out the winning entries in the Art Display case.
The judge for sub-sections was Duane Barnhart, Duane is an accomplished painter, teaches at the Jaques
Art Center, has had his own cartoon strip, and has had cartoons appear in Saturday Evening Post and
Time magazine as well as editorial cartooning for Aitkin, White Bear Lake, Hudson and other newspapers.
Sections will be held at South Ridge School on April 9. Congratulations and expect to hear more from
- This year's musical "The Boyfriend" will be presented April 2 - 5 in the AHS Auditorium. April 2 is a matinee at 2:00 p.m. April 3 - 5 are evening performances at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets will be available for purchase in the District Office of Aitkin High School in March.
The setting of this musical comedy is the 1920's in the French Riviera at Madame Dubonnet's Finishing School. The show has many catchy tunes and lots of dancing including "The Charleston".
The Restaurant and Culinary Skills class would like you to invite you to their model restaurant, "The Pit Stop".
This year the restaurant will be open for lunch Tuesday-Friday 11:45-1:00. A variety of sandwiches, baskets, and salads will be offered, along with the daily "soup and sandwich" specials prepared for you by one of our class chefs!
Click here for the Pit Stop menu, times/dates and staff.
- School Board Agenda & Minutes